Terms and Conditions
Chapter 1: General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
These Terms and Conditions are for defining rights, obligations and responsibilities and other necessary matters with BALCHAGI Inc (“the Company”) members in connection with the use of online education services provided by “Company”.
Article 2 (Definition of Terms)
Terms used in these terms are defined as follows.
① “Service” means online education service that “member” can use regardless of the terminal (including various wired and wireless devices such as PC, TV, portable terminal) implemented.
② “Member” means a customer who accesses the “Service” and enters into the use agreement with the “Company” in accordance with these Terms and uses the “Service” provided by the Company.
③ “Paid service” means various online digital contents (including various information contents, VOD, and other paid contents) and services provided by the Company for a fee.
④ The term “post” shall mean any article, photograph, video, and various files in the form of information such as code, text, voice, sound, image, and video posted on the “Service” Links and so on.
⑤ “Lecture” is a space provided by the “Company” within the “Service” and refers to a space where “company” can carry out all educational activities such as video uploading, video streaming, video management, assignments, surveys, and “learner” management.
⑥ “Manager” is a manager of “Company” who operates and manages “Service” effectively and smoothly.
⑦ “Teacher” is a member who uploads lectures, assignments, quizzes, discussions and opens lectures on “service”.
⑧ “Student” means a person who has access to “Service” and agrees to this “Agreement” and concludes a contract with “Company” and who can continue to use the information and “service” provided by “Company” Means the member who made the application.
⑨ “Management Team” means a member who is active in the management of post management, learner management, task and quiz, and learning management related to completion within the “lecture” for the smooth operation of “lecture” after “lecture” “.
Chapter 2 Contract of use
① “Company” will post the contents of this agreement on the initial screen of the service so that “member” can easily understand the contents of this agreement.
③ When the “Company” amends the Terms and Conditions, it shall notify the date of application and reasons for amendment from the 30th day before the effective date of the amendment to the day before the effective date, However, in case of amendment of the terms unfavorable to the members, the member shall be notified of the amendment through electronic means such as e-mail, e-mail, and consent window at the time of login.
④ If the Company notices or notifies the revised terms in accordance with the preceding paragraph, and the member does not give his / her intention within 30 days period, the member expressly refrains from expressing his / her intention to refuse If not, the member agrees to the revised terms.
⑤ If the member does not agree with the application of the revised terms, the company can not apply the contents of the revised terms and conditions, and in this case, the member can cancel the contract. However, if there is any special circumstance where the existing terms can not be applied, the company may terminate the use contract.
Article 4 (Interpretation of Terms)
① “Service” may be provided as “Paid Services”, in whole or in part, depending on the terms and conditions of the “Partner” and the type of service. In this case, the terms and policies for the use of “Paid Services” shall prevail.
② Any matters that are not stipulated in these Terms and Conditions and interpretation shall be subject to relevant laws and regulations.
Article 5 (Establishment of Use Contract)
① The “Company” has no procedure to approve the use of the “Service” for the application of the person who intends to become a “Member” (hereinafter referred to as “the applicant”), By entering the e-mail address on the subscription page provided, and clicking the “I agree” check box on the contents of this agreement after the subscription authentication mail is received, and the “company”
However, in the cases below, “Company” may limit the use of the “Service”, or terminate the use contract after the expiration.
- An applicant who has previously lost his / her membership in accordance with the terms of this agreement, except when he / she obtains the approval of re-membership of the “company”.
- If it is not a real name or uses someone’s name
- Failure to provide false information or not to provide the “Company”
- Where the performance or reputation of the “Service” can be adversely affected
- If you engage in activities that are detrimental to public order and breezy promises through unlawful acts or processes
- In the event of a defamation or disadvantage of others
- Abuse of “Service” for the purpose of pursuing profit
- If you intentionally interfere with the operation of the Service
② “Company” may not conclude a contract of use if there is no room for service related facilities, technical or business problems.
(3) If the contract for the use of the Service is not made or terminated pursuant to Paragraphs 2 and 4, the Company shall notify the applicant of the application.
④ “Company” may establish the operating policy of “Company” and classify “Membership” according to its grade by classifying usage time, number of use, service menu and so on.
⑤ “Company” may restrict the use or restriction of the “Member” in order to comply with the classification and age in accordance with the Act on the Promotion of Movies and Videos and the Juvenile Protection Act.
Article 6 (Change of Member Information)
① “Member” can view and modify his / her personal information at any time through the personal information management screen.
② The “Member” must inform the Company about the change in the items listed at the time of applying for membership by online modification or by e-mail or other means.
③ The Company shall not be held responsible for any disadvantages caused by not notifying the Company of the changes in Paragraph (2).
Article 7 (Obligation to protect personal information)
Article 8 (Obligation to Manage the Members’ Login Information)
① The responsibility for managing the “e-mail address (ID)” and “password” of “member” belongs to “member” and should not be used by a third party.
② The “Company” shall not be liable for any loss or damage of personal information due to the “e-mail address (ID)” of the “member”, or if there is any concern about misrepresentation as an operator of “company” or “company” Address (ID) “can be restricted.
③ “Member” shall immediately notify “Company” and follow the instructions of “Company” when it recognizes that “e-mail address (ID)” and “password” are stolen or used by a third party.
④ In case of Paragraph 3, “Company” shall not be held responsible for the disadvantage caused by not following the guidance of “Company” even if the “Member” does not notify or notify the Company.
Article 9 (Notice to Members)
① If “Company” notifies “Member”, you may do so by e-mail address, e-mail, etc. within the service unless otherwise specified in these Terms and Conditions.
② The “Company” may substitute the notification in Paragraph 1 by posting it on the bulletin board of “Company” for 7 days or more in case of the notification to the whole “Member”.
Chapter 3 Obligations of Contracting Party
Article 10 (Obligation of “Company”)
① “Company” does not act against the laws and the prohibition of these laws and regulations, and strives to provide “service” continuously and reliably.
③ “Company” shall have the necessary personnel and system to properly handle “member” complaints or remedy requests related to the use of the “Service”.
④ “Company” should deal with opinions or complaints raised from “Members” in connection with the use of “Service” if it is found to be justified. For opinions or complaints filed by “Members”, we use the bulletin board or send e-mails to process “Member” and the results.
Article 11 (Obligations of Members)
① “Member” shall not do the following acts.
- Registration of false information when applying or changing
- Information stealing of others
- Change of information posted by “Company”
- Sending or posting information (computer programs, etc.) other than information set by the Company
- Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of “Company” and other third parties
- Acts that damage or interfere with the honor of the Company and other third parties;
- Disclosing or posting to the Service any information that is against obscene or violent messages, images, voices,
- Use “Services” for profit-making purposes without the consent of the Company.
- Other illegal or unlawful acts
② “Member” shall comply with the relevant laws, the provisions of these Terms, the User’s Guide and any notices notified in relation to the “Service”, the matters notified by the Company, You must not.
Article 12 (Roles and Authorities of Teachers, Students)
- The teacher can set the members of the course to the extent that they comply with the statute and this agreement.
- The teacher can invite the students to take the course, and they can approve or reject the course, and if the student is harmed by the course, they can be forced to leave.
- All members, including teachers, operators, and students, may disclose personal information to others without the prior written permission of the member.
INFORMATION COLLECTION : PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
* In the course of using the Services, we ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses. * Please be aware that when you register to become an Balchagi member, other users of the Services may be able to see your screen or user name, in addition to any comments or submissions that you post to the Sites or submit via the Services. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your screen or user name to the extent that allows others to identify you. * As you use the Services, our servers automatically record information that the browser sends whenever it points to a website or online service (“Log Data”). Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to one of the Sites and information you search for on a Site. * Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Sites. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on the Sites and aggregate usage of the Services. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Sites or all functionality of the Services.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Third Parties. We will not share or sell personally identifiable information, such as e-mail address, with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent. Balchagi Members. In addition to your username, any comments or submissions that you post to the Sites will be publicly available. Any information you choose to provide in a comment or a submission should reflect how much you want other users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage Balchagi members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their comments or submissions. Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information. For more information on behavioral advertising by Balchagi. (a) “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that can be used to uniquely identify you personally. Some examples of Personally Identifiable Information include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address and credit card number. (b) “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” is information that cannot be used to uniquely identify you personally. Some examples of Non-Personally Identifiable Information include your IP address, the type of browser software you use when visiting our site, the date and time you visit our site and what pages you viewed when visiting our site. Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Services (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and database management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Balchagi cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Balchagi to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. Business Transfers. Balchagi may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
All Balchagi members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their registration profile by logging into their account and changing the “user preferences” associated with their account. If you completely delete all such information, your account may be deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Balchagi is concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ a variety of industry-standard measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Refund / Cancellation Policy
- DUE TO BALCHAGI SELLS DIGITAL CONTENTS, BALCHAGI DOES NOT GIVE A REFUNDS OR CREDIT AFTER PURCHASE.
- 발차기는 디지털 콘텐츠를 팔기 때문에 결제 이후 환불 또는 크레딧을 드릴 수 없습니다.
Shipping & Delivery Policy
We don’t sell and ship any physical items. We send the links to your email to join the online class within 48 business hours after purchase.